Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Fruit of me

I woke up in the morning thinking about you, thinking about 


time with you and having a deep and intellectual 


conversation with you. 


Infatuated with the way that you made my feelings and expression 


significant to me.  Deeply and madly in love with me.  Who I was 


allowed to be with you.  Through you, to know and relate to that 


version of you.   I was really me.  The me that I denied and lied 


about for years.  I was the smarter, better, tougher, and most 


valuable me.  You made me see me.  You made me be me.  You 


made me ME


It was the me that I loved when you looked at me.  Loving you 


allowed me to love me, the real me, the genuine, lovely, kind, sexy, 


triumphant, yeah men keep trying to stomp stop and steal me, but 


my heart is triumphant to love me and love again and again until I 


get it right.  I was allowed to let loose get loose and free because I 


had you who understood me.


All I wanted was for you to love me, to think of me and serve me as 


I think of you.  As I serve you and do as you ask of me for you.  I 


just wanted to be the woman that I could be to you, for you, because 


that is what you meant to me, because you used your key to unlock 


the depth and truth of me.  I let you into my heart because you used 


your key to my vulnerability, which was truly strength of me.


You took my key, but unlike other men, you took my key and 


opened up my capabilities, you opened me and then exposed me to 


the world.  But that’s what’s so great about me, because I took that 


exposure and turned it into limitless opportunity, strengthening my 


ability, infinite possibilities with my mental capacity and physical 


need to be free.


I moved liberated in my sexuality embracing my sensuality releasing 


my lioness for everyone to see.


You were proof that everything does come after z, and now I am 


living free to be.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this piece on love, freedom, and surrender.

    It made me think about losing a lover who really opened me up. After losing his love, I thought that not having him anymore meant I would lose all the beauty I enjoyed and attributed to his presence. At some point, after mourning the loss of love which took QUITE awhile, I realized that the love I felt with this person had been inside me all along, and that by embracing the deepest parts of myself I could love again. You never lose the love that was always inside you; sometimes you just lose touch and it’s only a matter of reconnecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and remarkable poem and so relevant; the philosophical musings and pursuit of genuine self and the expression of it are incredible topics in regards to mental health and power to be our best selves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate your in depth look. 💚

      Delete